Walk & Talk Therapy
In Charlotte NC
Together, we will take the necessary steps to move forward on your goals.
Walk and talk therapy is exactly what you may be thinking! We will take our therapy session out of the office and into the beautiful parks of Charlotte. Kennedy Counseling & Consulting is nestled alongside Independence Park, the perfect setting to walk & talk! When we physically move our body and verbally express ourselves it a allows for a deeper connection between the mind and body and often helps you be more comfortable sharing compared to a traditional in-office therapy session.
Research has consistently shown that exercise can significantly impact anxiety and stress while improving overall mood. It is increasingly apparent that walking is not only good for your physical health, but it is also good for your mental health.
There are several reasons why Walk & Talk Therapy is a great approach.
1. Walk & Talk Therapy gets clients moving—both literally and figuratively.
2. Walk & Talk Therapy is conducted outdoors, being in nature can be meditative and grounding.
3. Walk & Talk Therapy is an excellent choice for clients with several different kinds of issues. Clients who are going through a life transition, have anxiety, are experiencing some kind of loss or grief, as well as other challenges tend to do very well with Walk & Talk Therapy.
4. You set the pace of the session. If you prefer a meditative, relaxing session of walking or a more active, fast-paced session, Walk & Talk Therapy will match your pace.
5. Research studies have shown that physical activity can enhance the mental and physical health of clients. Physical activity has also been shown to reduce levels of depression and anxiety and can help to prevent depressive symptoms.